Please use they/them pronouns when referring to the entity that lives under Guatemala’s bed.
Yessssss. For the first time in MONTHS, the poorly-drawn/written comic I made about being cool to people (which I thought was a pretty innocuous message but was received with SO MUCH HOSTILITY) isn’t my top post anymore YES! I’m actually pretty proud of this you-should-smile-more one so THANK YOU EVERYONE for liking/reblogging it woo!
Q:So, is that new game that's coming out called "Hatred" Is a piece of art?
Of course it’s art. It was created by people to express a worldview — albeit one that’s shockingly unpleasant and antagonistic — and that bears some analysis.
I’m not interested in being the one analyzing it though. Yuck.
(This is literally the only thing I’ve been able to draw in a week, and it is copy/pasted almost in its entirety. Fuck you, the lumps.)
Hello, everyone! Two quick announcements:
1. The submission deadline for the Smash Bros Ultimate Players Guide has been extended by one week! The deadline is now 10/10. If you need additional time, please let me know. I can be somewhat flexible as I prep for print. You can find the submission guidelines here.
2. All proceeds from the zine will be donated to charity: water, an organization that develops sustainable & sanitary water sources in communities around the world that would otherwise not have access to clean water. Which is profoundly important, even though it’s not technically related to video games.
And finally I wanted to thank everyone who has submitted a piece (SO MUCH great art already guys I can’t believe it!!) or shared this project with a friend! You all are awesome, and I can’t thank you enough!
Wanted to try something slightly more complicated. Carving cursive might be above my skill level. Still kind of cute!
I’m relieved that after a month people appear to finally be done with my comic urging gamers to be cool. As of right now that post has just over 26,000 notes, meaning that this thing I spent like a half hour drawing has been seen by more people than anything else I’ve ever made.
The comic was poorly-drawn and poorly-written, condescending in an unflattering way, and frustratingly disjointed. I could do better and the topic deserves better. The whole thing made me think more about what I’m trying to add to the dialogue and how I try to express myself, so I reckon it’s for the best.
Here’s a preview of the new zine I’ll be selling at SPX!
Common Curses & Blessings is a 2-in-1 mini-zine about the most mundane and insignificant things the universe throws at you. They probably shouldn’t even have an impact on your day, but they totally do.
Read it facing one way, and you’ll read about the curses. Flip it over and read about the blessings. You’ll just have to come to SPX and see how it works!
2-color risograph printed, 4.25” x 5.5”. 16 pages, 8 curses, 8 blessings. Come to table A12 and check it out!
Oh gosh I JUST BOUGHT this zine and it didn’t even register when I started my journal! fire-plug's zine is 100% the (subconscious?) inspiration for my spell journal and one of my favorite purchases of SPX.
Favorite Tumblr Occurrences
- A stranger follows you. You check their account and it turns out they’re awesome.
- Someone reblogs you with really cute tags.
- Anon sends you an unpleasant ask and you just straight up delete it.
All these things happened to me a few times over the weekend! I kind of love this website.